Fieldwork understands that when it comes to Qualitative research, high quality recruiting is the key. We put more time and effort into our recruiting than any other part of our business because we know it’s the most important thing to our clients.
What makes Fieldwork Recruiting unique?
Databases: Our databases are our lifeline, so we micro-manage them!
- Rich in data that goes beyond demographics. Of course anyone can pull names by age, race, income. We can pull out respondents who own a tablet, or who have diabetes (or both). Our database system is flexible, so we can start tracking whatever is important for your research now.
- Constantly refreshed and growing: We NEVER stop building our databases, but we are also sticklers about updating them. Did you change jobs? Have a baby? Move? We are the first to know. So we don’t just have big databases, we have big accurate databases.
- Sophisticated tracking for past participation and undesirable respondents: Past par tracked by date, topic and client. Less-than-ideal respondent? Never again.
- Recruiters extensively trained. We make sure our recruiters understand the ins and outs of the entire research process before they make their first call.
- Emphasis on quality over quantity. All screeners are validated by a second person, and recruiters are praised for quality and show rate.
- High standards in ethics and security. All Fieldwork recruiters read, sign, and practice the MRA standards of ethics in data collection. Fieldwork also has extensive security policies in place to protect every aspect of the recruiting process.
- Fieldwork pride! There’s a reason that Fieldwork recruiters tend to stay with us so long. We encourage you to talk to our recruiters next time you are in our facilities. Their dedication will show!
- Phone room managers from all of our offices meet once a year to discuss best practices and ways to help each other. They are encouraged to work together to think outside the box on recruits.
- Standard forms and tools. By standardizing our recruiting forms and processes, we can seamlessly help each other with projects. Our goal is to create the efficiencies of a centralized recruiting facility, without sacrificing the “local” advantage.
Online Pre-screening with Limits
- Fieldwork recognizes that online pre-screening is a powerful tool for getting those hard-to-find recruits. But we are very careful to use it in ways that retain the quality and integrity of the recruit. When we use pre-screening, you can be assured that we are:
- Staying true to the screener questions
- Blasting only our respondents and double checking past-par
- Doing a complete re-screen via phone
- Initially set up for overflow recruiting, the NRC in Chicago now has an extensive national database and specializes in difficult recruits that span the nation. They often work closely with our Webwork division to bring together far flung respondents through virtual focus groups, online bulletin boards etc.